Here is a list of Questions you should always ask yourself before you leave the house on a photo shoot. Look it over and if think anything was left out add it in the comments section.
- Is your Battery indicator blinking red? Do you have an extra battery? Did you bring your charger? http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/CTGY/Battery
- Did you backup your previous pictures on your memory card? Do you have an Extra Memory Card? You shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket, especially when traveling. http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/CTGY/M-CARDS
- Check your Mode Dial. Should you be in Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Programmed Auto or Manual?
- Are you Spot Metering when you should matrix Metering or vice versa?
- Check your White Balance. Do you need a Custom White Balance? Did you bring your Expodisc? http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/CTGY/EXPODISC_FILTERS
- Check your AF mode. If you are trying to lock on a static subject select AF-S, not AF-C.
- Are you shooting in RAW or JPEG? What size quality?
- Do you need external flash or umbrella? http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/CTGY/Flashes
- Did you pack your Reflectors? Did you know that a popout reflector can be used as a scrim to diffuse the harsh sunlight?
- Did you pack your Tripod or Gorillapod? http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/CTGY/Tripods
- Do you need to bring Polarized/ UV Filter or any other filter? http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/CTGY/FILTERS
- Did you bring your Lens Hood? A Lens Hood will help prevent lens flare as well as protect the lens and camera from being damaged.
- Arrive Early to Scout the Area. Do you have Directions? http://maps.google.com/
- Check the weather? Do u have any Rain-gear just in case? http://www.berger-bros.com/page/BBCVD/CTGY/HOUSINGS-U http://www.weather.com/
- Do you need a Permit or Permission to photograph a public or private place?
What else? What other questions do you ask yourself before you leave? Add them in the comments section to share.
Written by: Michael Ross Hollender